After sending out my blog link to people I thought needed to see it (or wanted to, either way)...I get sent emails...lots of them...that included comments like:
- "Greg actually has that as his job?"
- "Where does he work?"
- "I can't wait to read more!"
- "Shouldn't Jeepers have been named after Jeepers Creepers? Actually...it's the other way around right?"
- "Did you watch this last night?"
Now - that last one really interested me...so naturally, I clicked on it, and proceeded to laugh my ass off. As a side note (and disclaimer) I do not work for the Discovery Channel, but, I LOVE Mike Rowe (and he's one of the famous people on my list that I want to drink a beer with ANYWAY), and I think that he is hiliarious...so I'm just trying to share in the hilarity! It should also be noted, that I sent this to Greg as well, and he also chuckled (but definitely not as loud as me - I'm kindof a guffaw-er). Here are some of my favorites from the video "The Drinker's Dictionary":
This was a great video (and the others are equally great)...so I'm going to *say this in the TV Announcer voice* "tune in next Wednesday at 10pmEST on Discovery Channel to see the 2nd part in the three part series of How Booze Built America".
- Drunk as a Wheel-Barrow (they can be drunk?)
- Has drank more than he has Bled (LOL)
- He sees the Bears (as opposed to the Lions?)
- Half-way to Concord (ok...?)
- He's been too free with the Creature (LMFAO!!)
- He is in a Dark Day with himself (so...depressed then?)
- He's Prince Eugene (who? LOL)
- He has made an Example (of what NOT to do?)
- He owes no man a Farthing (a what? farting? Mark, I'm talking to YOU)
- Been to France (so they drink/get drunk there?)
- Been to a Funeral (now THAT I can understand...I think)
- His Flag is out (WHAT?? LMFAO)
- Knows not the way Home (Yes - that's happened)
- He is Intoxicated (Now that's a normal one - Ben Franklin - you lasted 222 years past the time you died!!)
- Seen the French King (what is it with France??)
- He's eaten the cocoa Nut (what does chocolate have to do with this??)
- Been too free with Sir Richard (ummm....who?)
- He's burnt his Shoulder (what does burning your should have to do with ANYTHING??)
- Been too free with Sir John Strawberry (who are these "Sirs" and why is this drunk person being free with them??)
Labels: beer, Discovery Channel, How Booze Built America, Intoxicated, Mike Rowe, The Drinker's Dictionary