Hurricane Sandy


I think it's time...it's been a week since Hurricane Sandy...and in the wake of YET ANOTHER Nor'Easter, I think it's time to recap what exactly I saw (and is still happening) in NY/NJ/CT.  

Below is a picture comparison of Hurricane Irene vs Hurricane Sandy...just a comparison....just to show you how SCREWED we were when this was going to hit...

This post is very picture heavy, but not many words...please be reminded...this is only what I saw in my area...

Sunday (10/28) the day before it hits, I ran some errands...

Filled my gas tank (ouch)...

Went to the store...noticed there were many coffee selections (happy Christina)...because that's what I went to the store for...

Then...just because of curiosity, I noticed the water aisle was EMPTY....and the bread aisle was ravaged...holy hell...

The day of (Monday 10/29)...it hits...just really really really windy to start...and the leaves were a-flying...Mr. Meowgi loved watching the leaves fly around the cul-de-sac...

Now comes the pictures of the aftermath...

Below is a collage of nothing but blocked roads...some by trees...others by telephone poles...some by telephone wires...it's almost like every road you turned down, it was blocked, and a RIDICULOUSLY difficult puzzle to drive from one place to another...

Now here's some shots of UPROOTED trees, and trees just INTO houses...nuts...

Now below is some crazy telephone poles...keep in mind that the picture in the top left is STRICTLY because of wind...the poles just LEANED...insane!!!  The pole in the bottom right...just shattered into 5 different pieces...insane!!

Yes...that is a firetruck...and yes, all are ok - it's from my hometown...and it happened right around the corner from my parents.  The Prius in the upper right, wasn't so lucky...and I kinda feel like it's a slap in the face...considering it's a "green" car.  The car in the bottom right...also around the corner from my parents...nobody was hurt...but that car was D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-E-D.  

So that's the recap of what happened in my neck of the woods.  We didn't lose power (thank GOD)...we only lost Cable, Phone, and Internet for about 48 hours...which wasn't bad...that's pretty much it.  We're safe and sound for now...

If you keep in mind that we're still rationing gas (Greg and I are both ODD plates)...and we're expecting another Nor'Easter that will bring 2-6 inches of snow on Wednesday night into Thursday morning, we'll be fine...hopefully.  

Labels: , ,