Still playing catch up on the 31 Day Challenge!! Day 20…Greg had pool…which meant I could make anything I wanted…and I wanted fish…specifically SALMON…because Greg doesn't like fish. <jerk> JUST KIDDING BABY! LOVE YOU!
Citrus Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower, and Sauteed Zucchini
1 head of cauliflower (cut into bit-sized pieces)
1 lemon (sliced into disks)
1 orange (sliced into disks)
1/2 lb fresh salmon
1 zucchini (sliced into disks)
1 yellow "summer" squash (sliced into disks)
1 medium sweet (vidalia) onion (sliced)
2 tsp dill (fresh)
- Get that cauliflower in first…cut the cauliflower slightly coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and get them in the oven (at 350).
- Cut up the lemon and orange, and put a layer on the bottom of a cookie sheet (this will be the "bottom" of your salmon).
- Layer the salmon on top of the lemon and orange, and put another citrus layer on the top of the salmon.
- Season LIGHTLY with salt and pepper, and put it in the oven (with the cauliflower).
- While your salmon and cauliflower are in the oven…
- Put some oil in the pan, and throw in the onion. Cook them until a little translucent.
- Add the zucchini and squash. Sauté until SLIGHTLY tender (you don't want it to get too mushy!!)
- Take everything out of the oven (and off the stove), and put it on a plate…
Would love to know all your feedback, either on this recipe or any of my other ones! Feel free to comment!!
Visit Christina's profile on Pinterest.
Labels: 31 Day Challenge, cauliflower, food, roasted, salmon, zucchini