Oh man…could it be?? Am I FINALLY caught up on this 31 Day Challenge? Tonight…I wanted to make something easy…and something that I could have leftovers with…well that was the GOAL anyway…
Rigatoni with Chicken, Bacon, Spinach, and Ricotta
1 box of rigatoni
3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (whole)
1/2 lb bacon (cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 medium sweet (vidalia) onion (chopped)
1 large shallot (minced)
Handful of Spinach
1 15oz container of whole-milk ricotta
Salt & Pepper to taste
GARNISH: Basil, Lemon Zest, and Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Put a pot of salted water on the stove and get it ready for the Rigatoni.
- In one sauté pan, cook the bacon until crispy - pull the bacon from the fat, and let rest on a plate (with paper towels).
- Sauté the onion and shallots in the remaining bacon fat until tender.
- At this point, you should be able to add your rigatoni to the water (cook until al dente)
- Once the onions and shallots are tender, add the handful of spinach to the mix, and let wilt.
- Then add the ricotta (entire container) to the onion mixture, and let it heat up (season with salt and pepper if needed)
- Prepare and cook the chicken with Lemon Pepper - like I did for the Chicken & Stars Soup.
- Drain (do NOT rinse) your rigatoni, and add the pasta back to the pot.
- Pour your ricotta/onion mixture over the rigatoni and mix well.
- Serve, and garnish with whatever you'd like!!!
Please share your recipe stories if you've made any of the ones I've explained in the 31 Day Challenge - I'd love to hear it (be it good or bad!!)
Visit Christina's profile on Pinterest.
Labels: 31 Day Challenge, bacon, chicken, food, pasta, ricotta