Ok - don't judge…I'm almost 10 days behind on this 31 Day Challenge. Like I said in this post - it's not that I've forgotten! I've been a good blogger! I've taken pictures of my food, and actually MADE food - I promise! Ask Greg!!
ANYWAY…let's get down to
brass tacks blogging about cooking.
This…has got to be the BEST pizza I've ever made - and yes - I cheated - I used pre-made pizza dough…but the toppings, and what we DID to it…definitely worth the cheat on the dough part.
Chicken Parm Pizza
1 package pre-made pizza dough (or homemade - your call)
Flour (for rolling out the dough)
1lb boneless, skinless, chicken tenders
1 egg (for the chicken)
Panko Bread Crumbs (for breading the chicken)
Oil (for frying)
Mozzarella Cheese (for pizza topping)
1. Let your pizza dough (especially if it's pre made), come to room temperature.
2. Roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface. If you have a rolling pin, this is easy - if you don't - you can use a label-less bottle of whatever you have on hand. In our case - it was a Svedka Vodka bottle. HEY…use whatever works…right?
3. Put that pizza dough on a round stoneware (you can purchase one here if you don't have one).
4. Let it sit in the oven (at 350) for about 20 minutes.
5. While your pizza is cooking, fry your chicken. Don't judge - I used a fryer (thanks Mom!!). I did an egg wash, then breaded the chicken with panko, then deep-fried them.
6. Once your pizza has been in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, take it out and let it cool SLIGHTLY.
7. Add the sauce to the bottom layer, then the toppings. We did the chicken (sliced), then pepperoni, then cheese…yummy cheese.
8. Put the pizza BACK in the oven, until the cheese is golden.
9. Once the pizza is out of the oven, garnish with some chopped basil, and some lemon zest (my personal favorite).
Have you guys ever made homemade pizza before? Ever done a homemade pizza dough? If so, I would love to know HOW!! Feel free to comment below!!
Visit Christina's profile on Pinterest.
Labels: 31 Day Challenge, chicken parm, food, pizza