Day 24 - Roasted Garlic

I'm just going to start Day 24 with a confession.  I LOVE garlic.  To the point of exaggeration.  No joke.  If a recipe calls for 3 cloves, I use 8.  1 bulb?  3.  Not kidding.  And even then, I'm all like…NOT.  ENOUGH.  GARLIC. 

So…how to remedy this?  Make Roasted Garlic.  Yes - and eat it right out of the friggin' bulb (or on toast)…however you like it.  But me?  I take after my father (yes, the one that gave me life), and eat it straight out of the bulb.  With a tiny fork.  I'm pretty sure Greg thinks I'm nuts…but I mean LOOK at this.  


Who wouldn't want to just eat this?

Roasted Garlic
Ingredients:
Bulb (or bulbs if you're incapable of sharing) of garlic
**raises hand** "Guilty - I cannot share - I usually buy 3 or 4 bulbs of garlic
Olive Oil
Salt 
Pepper
Aluminum Foil

Instructions:
1. Cut off the top of the bulb of garlic.
2. Nestle it in a square of aluminum foil.
3. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil over the open part of the bulb of garlic. 
4. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the top.
5. Close the aluminum foil packet, and create a little "packet" of garlic.
6. Place the packet (or packets .. again if you can't share) in a 450 preheated oven.
7. Let cook in the oven for up to an hour (periodically checking to see if it's soft). 
*You just need to check by gently squeezing the "packet" with an oven mitt - if it's soft like an over-ripe avocado, you're good to go!!

NOW…either get some toast…or just some forks, and go crazy.  Eat up!  Just don't forget to take a shower after…you'll wreak of garlic the next day if you don't.  

Oh and beware - if you sweat, that'll smell like it too.  

Word of advice?  If you have any leftover garlic, SAVE IT.  Take the remaining cloves OUT of the bulb, and put them in a tupperware with a little bit of oil.  Add it to any sauce, and you're in business!!


Have you guys ever tried roasted garlic before?  Now that you've seen my delicious pictures, are you going to give it a try?  Comment below!! :)




Visit Christina's profile on Pinterest.

Tweets by @chapstickgurl86


Labels: , , ,