Day 25 was a pretty calm stay-in evening. Greg wanted steak, and I wasn't stopping him. He did the seasoning, cooking, and cleaning! BONUS!
Grilled Skirt Steak & Baked Potato
Skirt Steak (2-3 pounds)
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce (any variety)
Salt & Pepper
Sour Cream (optional)
1. Begin with your potatoes - get those in the oven first
2. Then your steak - trim the END fat off the pieces, and cut into servings. Skirt steak typically comes in a long strip - so you'll need to cut it into portions.
3. Get a gallon baggie - put the steak in it, and then the BBQ sauce - make sure it's coated, and place it in the fridge.
4. Once the potatoes are about halfway done, cook your steak to MEDIUM RARE to RARE. Anything cooked MORE, I'll hunt you down and punch you in the face. It's too tough if it's cooked more than that.
5. Get your plate together, and EAT.
*Note - as far as veggies go, use what you have - if you want something special, go for it, but I still had those delicious sautéed zucchini and squash on hand, so I just heated that up.
REMEMBER - just because it's the fall doesn't mean steaks are out - use that broiler!!
Cooked any steaks lately? Do you want to now?
Visit Christina's profile on Pinterest.
Labels: 31 Day Challenge, food, potato, skirt steak, steak