Monday. My BFF Tiffany came over with some stuff that needed to be cooked. Kind of like a remix on our Chopped days!! Challenge ACCEPTED!!
So, I did what I could…I literally put everything in one dish…and it came out amazing.
1 lb Italian Sweet Sausage
2 yellow bell peppers
1 sweet (vidalia) onion
1 small package mixed mushrooms
3 tomatoes (on the vine - chopped)
1 cup (2 cups cooked) Israeli Couscous
1. Cut up the pepper, coat it with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and put it in the oven to roast (shocking, right?).
2. Begin cooking your couscous - once cooked, set aside.
3. Take the sausage out of the casing, and sauté it in a pan.
4. Remove the sausage from the pan (leave the fat), and set aside.
5. Sauté an onion in the sausage fat, and add the chopped tomatoes.
6. Add the mixed mushrooms to the onion/tomato mixture.
7. Add the sausage back into the pan (and mix together).
8. Add the couscous and mix well.
9. Take the peppers out of the oven, and add THAT to the mixture.
10. Heat the mixture all the way through - allow it to simmer under LOW heat until all the flavors have come together.
Cooked anything in one bowl lately? Thought it wasn't going to taste good, and came out amazing? Let me know!!
Visit Christina's profile on Pinterest.
Labels: 31 Day Challenge, food, hash, sausage